Wednesday, October 7, 2009

in case anyone wonders.....

The parental units are living with Lovee and I as of the 19 of September!!! Yep.....it happened. they both took a fall...he actually fell on her! One of his dizzy spells got him and she tried to help. didn't work out too well. She bruised her whole right side, bruised up her ribs real bad, broke her foot and a toe. We thought he escaped injury...but no. His back went waaayyyy south.
He ended up in the hospital because of the pain and basically went down hill from there. I HATE hospitals!! I understand their function but geeze!!!........... he was left to lay in his own waste for hours at a time!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr.......

So now he's home....more tests to try and determine what if anything can be done for his back. His Dementia is worse. it collides with this world and gets him all confused. Mom, bless her heart, just sits by his bedside and watches over him all day!!! it's awful...
I go check on him and watch to see if the covers are moving or if I can hear him breathing. I have to do everything for him these days. Feed him when he'll eat...bathe him...change his diapers....get him up....get him down....you name it...Lovee and I do it for him. The baths and diapers are the hardest thing..........not hard to do exactly, it's just that I never...EVER...thought about having to do such personal things for my Daddy! it's hard. very hard. I'm thinking it won't be long before Hospice shows up. :(
Lovee.......he's still my rock. Actually he's my mountain. Could I do this without him?? Absolutely not! No way.
There's quite a bit more but that's it for now. It hurts my head rethinking it all.

Oh, I did find out what happens if I run out of my happy pills........it's not pretty. It's actually quite frightening. Lovee saved me though and got them to me. Never again will I run out. NEVER!!

Duties beckon........

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

TT, you are a saint and an incredible inspiration. The love you are showing your parents is amazing indeed.
I don't know if I could do it. My SIL lives closest to my mother so it will probably be her job someday.
But I bet at some point you said the same thing about yourself, and here you are.
Life goes full circle, if we are so lucky to live it fully. Your parents changed your diapers and now you change theirs. *sigh*
It is good for my heart to hear of your mother's devotion to your dad, even though it paints a sad picture.

May there be peace in the midst of your chaos.

tt said...

Thanks KC :) that last line you wrote will now be my mantra... it says it all.
It is a sad picture all around...but hopefully..we'll all come out of it better for having the experience....in some fashion or another.
I just wish the sadness and waiting would go away.
xo

Dez said...

Your parents are so lucky to have such a loving daughter. So sorry to hear about your parentals' injuries. I know that just makes things even tougher. I hope you get some relief. HUGS

tt said...

Dez....You know I heart you :)

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Oh my. What a deal you have been through and continue to do for your parents. Gifts for you in heaven, Gal..

I know the waiting is so hard.... So hard....

You are stronger than you give yourself credit for. But, I am so glad you have your Lovee there to support you and let you be weak sometimes.

We can't do it all, all of the time.

*Hearts* tt....