Friday, June 29, 2007

catching up

I had a considerable amount of free time yesterday so I decided to do some catching up. I phoned a few pl I haven't talked to in quite a while. Made me sad and glad at the same time. One gal I talked to, let's call her 'Mercedes', is such a doll. I've known her for about 10 years and watched her go through 2 pregnancies, a few cruises to fun places and several hairstyles. :) I remember how one Halloween( while pregnant) she dressed up as a California Raisen. Cracked me up!! She looked more like a Umpaloompa! Oh, wait...that's what MY branch dressed up as...too funny...I was Willy Wonka. If I ever figure out how to scan pictures I'll post a pic. It will put a big smile on your face for sure. Anyway.............................................
She's such a sweetie. I miss her. She is one of the few friends I have that I can trust to always tell me the truth...no matter what the subject. That's rare I think. Well, my BFF does that but not all of my other friends. It made me realize how trust makes a friendship last. Anyway, she thinks my blog is sort of .....funny, for lack of a better word. It makes her chuckle. I hope after reading all of it she doesn't discover how strange I can be. Or better yet, I hope she "appreciates" my little quirks. Love you, Mercedes!!

2 comments:

Tweb said...

I have one friend like that. I love her to pieces. I know she'll tell me when I truly look like shit, am acting like a tramp or really need to brush my teeth. Good friends like that are hard to come by. I try to be that way, I just tend to beat around the bush. "want some gum?"

tt said...

I'll remember that!! :) ha ha