Wednesday, April 15, 2009

getting squishie with it .......ha

Have you ever thought about tooth brushes? The electric kind? I know.......every morning right? lol..........
Well, you ought to see what an 83, soon to be 84 year old man who's legally blind and has Dementia does with his!!! Tuesdays are my ' wet cleaning' days. Bathrooms, non carpeted floors, sinks, tubs etc. My parentals don't use the same bathroom to bathe and stuff. Dad's is upstairs in my old room. There is a HUGE mirror, about 10 feet long or so that spans the length of the vanity. One sink. Each Tuesday I'm completely surprised at that I see on that vanity and mirror. Seriously!!!!! I know what's coming as I walk in there but still I'm amazed at the sheer volume of toothpaste mess. Toothpaste splatters are literally everywhere!!!!!! The whole length of the mirror.........the entire vanity and anything sitting on it....the shower doors behind it..... the walls....nothing is left untouched.....even the toilet! ( which has it's own mess mind you ) Cracks me up! lol
I think it would be like handing a 3 year old an electric toothbrush, telling him to brush his teeth and then leaving the room. Facinating ;) I can only imagine how long it takes him to find the off button.
Yep, it's a full life. :)
**************************************************
Dad had 2 cancer spots cut off his ears yesterday morning. Guess what we talked about the rest of the day? hahaha...his bank statement! I'll never figure out how the mind works.
**************************************************
My daily schedule was so off yesterday from Dr. appointments and grocery stores...3 grocery stores mind you....going to the bank about 'said' statement.....plus Dad loosing one of his night time syringes and not being able to find it...that's curious....that I completely forgot to do their weekly pillcases! I got a call from the Mom about 30 minutes after I had taken my sleepers. Well, shitfuckdamn! My bad. Drove back down to Tulsa, a 30 minute drive, filled the pills while listening to my Dad laugh about trying to find the pills in the empty case ( it really was funny ) and then the trip home. I think I was asleep 5 minutes later. I've filled those pill cases every Tuesday for almost 2 frickin years....and yesterday I forgot. whatever..........
***************************************************
Monday will mark my 2 year anniversary of caregiving. Wow!! Time flies when you're having fun doesn't it?! lol
The ways in which my life have changed were unimaginable to me when I started this. The rollercoaster only has small dips now. Thank God! I'm actually starting to see the joys in this again. I can feel my compassion coming back. I feel a different kind of energy flow...slower but steady. I can do steady.
It's all good in TT's world now.
*****************************************************
Lovee is working an earlier shift at the Wal~mart DC this week. We're getting up at 3 AM! It's now 5:20 and I'm ready for my day. Insane I tell you....insane! lol
But, I've got to start my day with a bit of Lovee time you know...he's my hero. :)


Happy hump day blobbies.

10 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Both of you work SO HARD. Glad the roller coaster is a little less extreme, and have a good one!

Jen said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I love the husband time too! In fact, I jumped for joy yesterday evening when we both had today off together. He worked the graveyard shift last night, so he'll be sleeping most of it, but still I'm so happy just knowing he's down the hall from me right now! It's going to be a good day.

Enjoy your time together!

fiwa said...

Heehee... I'm sure it doesn't feel funny when you're cleaning it up, but the tooth paste story cracked me up.

Enjoy your day!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Your dad sounds like my dad: cancer spots, pill cases, and all! Not sure about the wild toothbrush scene, but then no one has given him an electric toothbrush to my knowledge! (My kids' bathroom mirror is bad enough with regular toothbrush action!)

I'm so glad you are sounding more like yourself again. And glad you didn't fall asleep before getting back to your own bed!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

What a hoot! I'm so glad you are finding some humor in all this again. Gosh, what a load of work you do for them.

They are very lucky parentals! Thanks the quick stories of the ins and outs of the day ;-)

Glad to have you back blogging more often too!

Diane J Standiford said...

Hero a day keeps the insanity away!
Toothbrush--LOL, I have same issue, they get away from me, I swear they are out to get me, BUT my mirror and walls have NO cavities!!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

I was tickled pink to see your visit by my place today! I just love Sunny Side Up! ;-)

Real Live Lesbian said...

Hugs to you, Sweetie! I can't believe it's already been two years. Wow.

Herrad said...

Hi,

Please take a look at my blog and pick up your award.
Please pass it on to five blogs of your choice.

Love Herrad

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Just checkin' in!