One day,Sisterlittle, asked the folks if they wanted anything special for their funeral. My Mom says she wants the Choir Director at their church to sing Amazing Grace at hers. My Dad said he remembered a funeral he went to where the Mans girls spoke about him. He thought that was real nice so maybe we could do that. Geesh....we wondered how we would be able to accomplish something like that at what will be such a throat-lumping time. And, what would we say? Would we take turns talking?.....write out something before hand ( as if) or be spontaneous?...what if we broke down and just couldn't follow through. How could we live with ourselves if, the last thing he asked of us,.... we failed.?....
The following was a reply from Sisterlittle, which HAS to be included!!!!
15. How he tucked us in bed at night...tight as cocoons!
16. The highlight of our summers: riding the bus downtown to eat lunch with our Daddy at a "fancy" restaurant.
17. Christmas parades...
18. Teaching me to drive a stick!!!
19. Singing to ma: "Smoke...smoke...smoke that cigarette..." as we pulled into church.
20. The tears in his eyes when I graduated college.
21. Wrestling on the floor in the den. (pissed off mother good!)Remember how we would try to blow in his ear? who knew? giggling so hard we'd fart or wet our pants!
22. the loving nicknames he gave our daughters.
23. waking us up in the mornings singing..." who's that knocking at my door,who's that knocking at my door..who's that knocking at my door....it's little tt/Sisterlittle...
He loves his baby girls!
to be cont...
Saturday, November 10, 2007
This won't leave my grape...so I'll squish it a bit...it has to be in print!
Posted by tt at 6:18 PM