Thursday, January 8, 2009

Wonders never cease...

Well, guess what?

Mom has a 'nice switch". At least that's what I'm gonna call it. Evidently she found it yesterday after I left and turned it on when I got here this morning. Amazing.

While we were turning their bed down last night she asked me if I'd be able to come back to their house after the funeral to fix their dinner. I asked if I needed to and she said she'd like for me to. :(

That was my mistake. I asked her a question after she asked me one instead of just saying, NO! I was so deflated yesterday...from her selfishness about this whole funeral thing that I just didn't have any fight left in me I think.

I talked it over with Lovee and we decided to tell her that I just wouldn't have the time to come back. So when I walked in this morning, I used the phrase they often greet me with..."We've got a problem". I said I wouldn't be able to come back after the funeral and offered to make a casserole ahead of time when Mom said-

" That's ok, I'd already decided I'd fix the Hamburger soup that's in the freezer. I knew you wouldn't have time to come back."

Well,well,well..............call it a nice switch or trying to make herself look better...whatever the reason...I just said ok and left it at that.



Prayer........it's a powerful thing! Throwing my problems out to the Universe for problem solving...

Powerful.

Works for me.

Pups, also known as #2 son, arrived last night. He's such a sweetie. i could just squeeze him to pieces. My dear SIL asked # 2 & # 3 son to be pallbarers. They were honored to say the least. Lovee later called and offered his services for that honor too and was accepted.

It's gonna be a hard one.

10 comments:

Jay said...

If only you could find that switch and flip it on when you get there in the mornings!

Gin said...

I wish my dad had a nice switch!!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

A nice switch, Hey? Someone should patten that.

Hang in there. And, after all is said and done put your feet up in Luvee's lap tomorrow night with a VT and let him massage the stresses away.

ETK said...

It's a good thing she found that nice switch. I was already packing a bag to come kick her ass.

I love you!!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you for deciding not to go back after the funeral. Call it a mental health day and stay home so you can grieve too.

Have I told you lately that I love you?

Brad said...

Sorry for your familys loss dear one. I hope the service is a lovly send off for him. Peace baby!

CheekyMonkey said...

Oh sweetie... wish I could be in OK to give you one of my famous squishy hugs. They really do feel good. :) So sorry for this tough time, big hugs though.

Jen said...

Brown-Eyed Girl told me it was "Uncle", so I just want to say may Uncle rest in peace and God bless his soul. I'm sorry TT. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Nice switch = small blessing in an otherwise unpleasant week.

Hang in there, TT.

PS: Did I tell you I like the new look of your blog?

Dez said...

TT - Glad your mom found the switch, let's just hope she doesn't lose it! (no pun intended.)

Remember, you don't have to be strong, no matter what anyone tells you. Grieve as you feel, grieve with your loved ones, it's better than holding it in. My prayers are with you and your family. HUGS

Allison Horner said...

Love to you & the family!!