Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Fiction V Truth

Sis says there shouldn't be a Fiction and Non-Fiction section for books. It should be Truth and Non-Truth. Evidently it took her a long time to understand the difference. :) She's got a point.
How about Pretend and Not-Pretend? With my facination with words it makes me think....Why do we have so many words that are the same but mean something different? Our exchange student from Brasil had a wee bit of a problem with that. like:
  • read or read-I'm going to read this...or...I read that....and the color red....this is " red" vs/ I read that.......
  • the bird can fly...........look at that big fly..........
  • seem or seam....It seems to me this is bigger...or that seam needs taken in...

Just some random shit doing it's floating thing in my grape again.

Enjoy your day! :)

5 comments:

Tweb said...

Don't get me started.... I have a running list, their there they're... being one of the big one's. Weather, whether. And why the hell isn't a dead fly called a flew? It's not like he's gonna fly again. And why is the "foot" of the bed, not called the "feet" of the bed? I mean, I put both mine down there...and a building! What the hell? Shouldn't it be a "built"? Or is it planning on getting bigger some day?

Puh-leeze heppp me, hepp me...

ETK said...

You guys are both two crazy peas in a pod.

Tweb said...

YOU'RE the other pea in her pod, I'm just that person that likes to walk by sometimes and squeeze the pod and see if a pea pops out.

tt said...

Ya'll crack me up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunshine said...

You know I'm right! :)