Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Purse issues

Am I alone in the quest to find a purse that has ALL of the features I'm looking for? I know Sisterlittle and I have talked about this...we're constantly on the lookout for the PP. (perfect purse) We've even talked about starting our own line...Doubt that will ever happen but I think about it all the time!!
So, a while back I had the folks in Dillards looking for,.... I don't remember what we were looking for now,.....anyway I briefly caught a glimpse of a purse I loved at first sight! Mom was needing to go home so I couldn't take the time to really check it out. I did quickly look at the tag tho and loved the $ 20.00 price. That made it even more enticing . I figured I'd just come back later . Well, that was 3 weeks ago. So, today I decided to do just that. I'd told Lovee if it was still there then it was meant to be. Afterall, how often do you see something for $ 20 bucks at Dillards that you love?!
So, I go and timidly ( for real) look in the purse direction and I saw it!!!!!! Yep, still there. It's hard to describe..a summer bag, some kind of shinny material infused w/ lots of summer colors, rather tropical. I glanced at the tag again and saw that I remembered it wrong. It wasn't $ 20 but $27. Still ok by me. I thought I'd look around anyway b/c they were having a purse sale but decided I'd better carry it w/ me so I wouldn't tempt fate and have some Ho steal it away from me....since it had waited for me all this time. ;)
I didn't find anything else, well...there was a Coach bag that I reeeaallly liked, but it was $ 385.00 and I just can't justify that ( to myself) no matter what. So, i go up to the counter, take all the tissue out so I can see how much room is actually in it. (I do carry alot of stuff...ya never know when something might come in handy!) I look at the tag again and ...GASP!! COUGH!! I misread the damn tag!! It's not $27.00 ...add another zero to it.......$270.00!!! Shitfuckdamn!!! I had waited 3 weeks to get this bag only to discover it wasn't meant to be after all. I was sad...but, determined to find a summer purse.
So, I walked over to Penny's and looked around for about 5 minutes and viola'.......found one! ON SALE too!! 35 marked down to 21! YAY for me.

It's truly the little things........I'm so anal sometimes no?

6 comments:

Tweb said...

Anal, no!!! Just in search of the PP, just like the rest of us!

Fortunately for me, Babe found the one I wanted in Vegas. And because he won $$$ He surprised me with my favorite coach bag! Now, you KNOW you've got a good one when he's willing to walk around Vegas with a giant coach bag! (he told me he looked soooo gay, but it was worth it.)

Dillards... I wish we had one of those. My mom has one by her in TN. TJ Maxx is THE place for purses up here!

Tweb said...

Oh, what I forgot to say is that it's ALWAYS the little things that count!

Anonymous said...

A woman of maturity deserves a coach. I say we start a collection. tt's birthday is in July. Anyone else interested?

On another note: Virginia Satir said it all,"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.
~It's the way it is.
The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."

tt said...

Amen SL, Ahmen!!! I love that quote!
Don't you dare start a collection!!
But I thank you for the wonderful thought! xo

tt said...

Uh...I'm a little slow at times I admit, but I just realized AFTER I walked away from the puter, you called me a "woman of maturity"...Is that the PC term for 'old'?
ha ha ha ...you crack me up!
Nicely done SL!

Anonymous said...

Not to worry about the "old" thing. I am NOT signing you up for that ridiculous purple and red thing! Rather see you toting a coach!!!!!!!!