Thursday, May 24, 2007

Routines

I've discovered that there are comforts in having a routine. My parents have an elaborate routine starting in the morning and ending at bedtime, each day of the week. There are certian things to eat for breakfast each day of the week. Like Thursday is French Toast day....only...that's not deviated from at all. Fridays are cereal. Sounds boring but it actually is starting to make sense to me.( that's scarey) Sort of like what everybody else does that has a job to go to. The morning rituals keep you on time and there's a comfort to it. Well, it keeps most ppl on time anyway. :)
I decided to do my own house chores according to my mom's schedule at home. Well, sorta.
Tuesdays are 'wet' cleaning, ie" bathrooms, floors etc.. Wednesdays are 'dry' cleaning, ie: dusting vacuuming etc. Laundry is whenever there is enough for a load. So, before I get to their house I've already done mine.
I hope it doesn't put me into a rut. I hate ruts. But if it's a routine that keeps everything flowing in the right direction then that's ok. Is there really a difference in a 'rut' and 'routine'?

I talked w/ them about getting a whole day off. Mom agrees that that is necessary ( thank gawd!) so since Lovee is off on Mondays I will be too. YAY!!! The one day a week I don't have to get up to an alarm....I'm soooo looking forward to that. I rarely sleep in but it will be nice to wake up on my own.

I'm amazed at how relaxed I am at their house. There is absolutely no stress to this. I find that interesting. I mean, I find myself anticipating ahead of time what they might say or do in a situation and try to make things easier for them. Of course, silly me, I tried to organize my
dad's 'nest'. He has a table on either side of 'his' chair that are cluttered beyond belief....so when I was dusting yesterday, I rearranged some stuff to make it look neater. Whoa-Nellie!! Unbeknownst to me, he has a system to that madness, so he rearranged it back. He didn't say anything though. So now, I'll just lift and dust. :)

My life has become a bit easy now in the brain department. I'm not constantly thinking of weird stuff anymore. Not sure if that's a good thing or what. Maybe just different?
Traffic doesn't bother me very much anymore. I expect ppl to drive stupid and they do...so what....Nothing is getting to me anymore. Is this a good thing?

Oh well, it is what it is.

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

It's a good thing Ma. As long as you're less stressed - it's good!