Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A glimpse into my day....

So, have you ever had to explain what a Blog is to your 82/83 year old parents??? Trust me, it's very difficult!! I have this laptop now right? Well, the parentals wanted to know just what was 'on that thing' that's so interesting. Hummmm...well, a lot of things ...
me: well, the internet for one thing...
dad: what's that?
me: it's kinda like your newspaper...I can click on different articles and read them and i can ead blogs and...I can...
dad: what's a blah?
me: A blog.
dad: yea, what's a blah?
me: b.l.o.g.....blog...
dad; yea, what is it?
me: ( i give up)...it's sort of like a journal, ppl write things down and other ppl read it.
dad: why? don't they have anything else to do?
me: yes, they make time to do this....it's sorta like a modern day penpal thing only you just write about whatever you want and ppl will read it and sometimes they'll leave a comment about what you wrote.
dad: why?
me: I don't know exactly why Dad...they just do.
dad: what's it called?
me: a b..l..o..ggg....
dad: what's a blob?
me; not a blob dad, a BLOG.......
dad: i don'[t even know what it is...I guess that's why i don't know what it's called....

I give up!........that conversation looped for about oh......15 minutes. Seriously. My day usually goes like this. Not to mention the sound decibles raise to an almost ungodly level because the tv is sooo freaking loud..and I have to yell above it. Maddening I tell ya.

The good news is the dad is feeling better. He played golf today. Nine holes. We won't get the results of the Nuclear testing for a week or so. Evidently a readioactive isotope or something was implanted in his spine on Monday...our 10 hour day!!!!!!! and then on Tuesday and today they scanned his brain for the problems. Anyway....... more on that later.

today was supposed to be my 'dry' clean day. but since Lovee did that for me on Monday when he was here, there isn't much for me to do. I was going to dust but the mom said to skip it since it doesn't look like it's needed. Hummmm....should I remind her I do everything for them because they can't see? that includes dust ya know.....do i tell her i can see the dust? hell NO!!
I'm not elfing stupid. Not much anyway. :)
So, I get a day off in the cleaning department...this week. Yay for tt...it's the little things.

10 comments:

CheekyMonkey said...

Your dad is SO.STINKIN.CUTE.

A blah... ha! I don't know what it is so I guess that's why i don't know what it's called.. ohh, I could squeeze him!

Makes me miss my gramps. :(

Dianne said...

"don't they have anything else to do" - that cracked me up!

I was going to dust this evening, trust me - everyone can see it but I decided your premission not to extended to the blah, blob, blog world.

hugs to the family.

Jen said...

This is great!

I think you did fantastic in trying to explain what this blog thing is! I never would have thunk to use "pen pal" - something from their era to equate as to what this is. Clever you are, Mrs. TT!

Like Cheeky Monkey, it IS cute, but I suppose this is something you do 5 or 6 days a week and may not be a cute to you as to us.

Allison Horner said...

hahaha. Blob. I like it. I think I am going to start using that.

Hey, I'm blobbing right now.

;)

tt said...

cheeky: yea, he's a cutie..frustrating at times but HE is what keeps me sane some days actually. I'll squeeze him for ya...and tell him it's from a blobber..ha

Dianne: I'm thinking I'll just ask the Mom if MY house is dusty from now on. I'll get to skip that part a lot i think. Blah-on girl!

Jen: It's usually 6 days a week, but 7 every now and then. When I get away from it I can sometimes see the humor but when it's going on...not so much. oh, the stories I could tell......

Alli: Yea, you better blob...it's been a while..;)ha

Diane J Standiford said...

My 101 yr old aunt was a neat freak, so sad whene she couldn't see how dusty things were; she would have died. I rally applaud you for being care giver--plus a marine if needed! I tried to explain on aunt Vi that she was on my blog..."No! Really?" Don't think she heard me. LOL

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've had a couple of busy, but good days. Glad that TOP and the kids take care of you so well. I personally think it's incredible that you take care of your "rents" and God bless you for doing it. I wouldn't spill about the dust either;) Glad all is working out with the laptop. I may get one of my own someday...about the time we all get those flying cars they told us we'd have in the 70's! Enjoy your blobbing, and see ya around. Regards to Top and the kids!

FMD

tt said...

Diane: My Mom is so riddles with OCD it's amazing she ever got stuff done. I'm sorry she can't see well in this part of her life but where I'm concerned it saves me. Geesh I sound selfish don't I.

FMD:Top is my saving grace that's for sure! I wouldn't be very successful at this caregiver gig if it weren't for him and my urchins. God Bless them!! But you know how we Marine wives are, right? Tough as nails!

ETK said...

ha! I like both bla and blob - I'm a blobber too!!! :)

So - I didn't tell you this before I left but your dad asked me lots of the same questions while you & your mom were getting her hair done. He asked me if I did that alot (we were talking about surfing the internet - but I think he didn't really know what it meant) and I said yes. He asked if I would do that at home and I said yes. I told him that if Baby and I were at home, we'd both be sitting on the couch surfing the internet separately and sending each otehr emails. Totally true.

He was shocked of course. :)

tt said...

ETK: I'm glad that he's asking questions and all, but he has no way of understanding the information he gets. Some of it he does but most he doesn't. But at least he keeps asking questions right? i think it's good anyway...somedays.. ;)He keeps talking about how fast you type..over and over and over....loop-de-loop...