Thursday, March 20, 2008

one more thing.....

I'm baking a cake at the moment. It's for our # 1 sons first wife. Her Birthday is Friday and I promised her I'd make her favorite Vegetable Pizza ( 2 of them!) and our families, favorite-secret-recipe, cake. Tonight I'll prep the veggies for the pizza and put it together in the morning. We're going up to her casa tomorrow after we all get off work. Yay!! Actually double-yay! I'll get to see the grandurchins then too!!!!!!!! Because of my work schedule with the parentals, we don't get to see them as often as I'd like. :(
As you can probably tell, I've got a problem turning loose of people. Once someone gets into my heart, they're usually there to stay. And just b/c they couldn't get the marriage to work doesn't mean I have to loose her, right? I still love her something awful. After all, she's the mother of 2 +4 of my grandurchins. ( 2 from # 1 son and 4 from other husbands...i know.....but it's not the kids fault, plus they're in my heart too)
Then tomorrow I have to make another cake and prep for Easter dinner at the parentals! Geesh....Um...I think I'm gonna be tired come Monday. But, that's ok....I keep telling myself that. Lovee is fabulous in the the Help department...he'll do anything to further my causes.
Fun times are ahead.
*********************************
Update on the Dad...............
Some 'irregularities' were found from his brain tests. So on the 3rd of April we'll be seeing a Brain Surgeon for a consult!! What???? We don't know what 'irregularities' were found.....but possibly......something can be fixed? We'll see. The original Dr. was looking for something similar to Hydro-encephalitis ( or however you spell it) in babies. Something where too much fluid builds up in the brain. IF, he has that, then a shunt can be put in to drain the excess into his abdomen. Bless his heart, whenever he remembers it he gets scared. It's all Greek to me. He evidently has several 'earmarks' to this condition...ie: dizziness, 'drunk' walking, Dementia, a feeling of 'fullness' in the head.....etc. Stay tuned. More of this to come.

12 comments:

CheekyMonkey said...

You're so busy I'M tired. Seriously. Geeze, I want some cake too. I love cake. I don't like sugar frosting though, I like the whip cream frosting. or cream cheese frosting on a red velvet cake...good lord I could eat an entire red velvet cake. Cake and pizza... perfect. PERFECT food. Even for breakfast. He he he...

Dianne said...

I love that you have a relationship with your ex-DIL! What a lovely way to live life - keeping the circle intact.

I will think good thoughts for your Dad. I know it sounds empty but try not to worry too much.

tt said...

Monkey; ya know what? I've never-ever made a Red Velvet cake! I wonder how come...I'll have to do it now so I can practice for ya! Pizza and cake for breakfast?? I'm so in line for that! yummy!

dianne: 'keeping the circle intact'...I never thought of it that way before..but i think that's what I try to do with everything. Thanks for that. You always give me something to think on. :0 I'm really not worried about the Dad. That's the Mom's jobbie-job. I've never been a worrier really and don't tend to start now. I'm just going with 'It is what it is' for now. Oh and btw--your words are never empty in my book. :)

Jen said...

I just read your last 4 posts and I got to say, you are one great big energy ball! I'd be exhausted doing all that you do on a constant and consistent basis.

I hope things turn out good for your dad. I'll say a few prayers to help that out.

I love red velvet cake & had the best recipe for it ever, but have seemed to have lost it. It's a southern thing they do down here - I'd not heard of it until I transplanted here.

ETK said...

me too me too! i like red velvet cake AND i'm tired just reading all that you do. Seriously - do you ever sit? huh? maybe get a massage and get your nails done and take time for yourself? do you need a new gift certificate (or would that be just one more thing to do?)?

tt said...

jen: I'll find a good recipe in one of my cook books I'm sure. I've got to make one of those! I am busy these days...but it's not like that all the time. And, yep...I'm pooped! I usually feel like I hit a brick wall around Friday or Saturday...but I hit it Wednesday this time..ha..oh well...
etk: I don't think I have time for a mani ..isn't that crazy!! I'm going to get one before we go on vacation in a couple months!

It's all good....really!

Allison Horner said...

TT, you are such a sweetie.

I can't wait to try your veggie pizza someday. Will you make for me next time I visit? :)

Oh! Poor dad. Keep me up to date on what the Neuro doc says....

tt said...

Alli: I can't believe you've never had the infamous Veggi Pizza!! You bet!! I'll make it for you!! Ill keep you posted on the Dad. :)

Diane J Standiford said...

My mom has that water on the brain, but she will never have the surgery. Can I just say---"In my own little corner, in my own little chair, I can be whatever I want to be; all alone in my own little corner--all alone in m own....little chair." My favorite too.

tt said...

Diane: You are the only person I've ever known,in my entire life, besides my family, who knows that song!!! I'm just blown away that you know it! :) I could literally watch that movie everyday. I've often tried to explain to myself what it is that draws me to it and I come up empty. I used to humm that very song to myself when I was a teenager and wanted to escape. I love that it's your favorite too! Thanks!!!!!!

Rick Rockhill said...

hey there, thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm enjoying reading yours today too.

hope everything is OK with your dad...

tt said...

Savant: Interesting blogs get me through my day sometimes. :) You are quite intertaining. thanks!!