Saturday, March 29, 2008

Randoms....

Not sure why but last week seemed long. It ended on a fantastic note though. Lovee asked me out! Yep, we had a date night on Friday. Woo-hoo! He actually texted me and asked if I'd like to have "dindin out" . Hell yes I said. He even said he didn't mind how long the wait would be; which is rare b/c he's usually so pooped by Friday that all he wants to do it veg around the house. Truth be told...me too. But when I got home from the parentals and walked into the house I could smell him. Ummmmmmmmmmm...so nice.
We ended up at Outback and only had about a 30 minute wait. Delicious! Then we went to the video store and rented some (3) movies. We got about a quarter of the way through the first one before we got sleepy and decided to hit the hay. It was so nice to go out...just the two of us.
Ahhh my Lovee. He loves me. :)
*********************************************
I saw a car, a jeep actually, on the highway yesterday weaving in and out of traffic, coming up behind me. I was thinking how completely stupid the driver was being b/c of all the traffic. Then he cut in front of me to get to the same off ramp as I was on! Shithead!!! Then I saw the reason. It was right there, on the back glass in bold letters.......
I'M NOT SPEEDING-I'M QUALIFYING / I'M NOT TAILGATING - I'M DRAFTING
DALE EARNHART JR. # 8

Yep, that about says it all. I wanted to run up to him and yell..." it's a highway, not a racetrack asswipe"!!!! But the light turned green and he literally made tracks and sped off.
****************************************************
The Dad has a new hearing aid. Uh-huh. That's been fun. I've had to put it in for him every morning. I'm thinking we may have to get a different kind. One that's easier to get into his ear.
Just a thought.
This Thursday is his appt. w/ the Brain Surgeon. Should be interesting to say the least.
*********************************

Seems as though the backspace button is my favorite key today so I'm stopping.
Think we'll watch a video.......Brokeback Mountain should be interesting don't cha think?? ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First comment!! 2nd time in a couple days, I'm on a roll! I myself have been known to be a bit of a...um...let's say driver in a hurry. I am, however, not a rude driver. I am also not lame enough to compare myself to a NASCAR driver. That back window will look great in the accident scene photos. Let's see what excuse his insurance company tries to use to avoid coughing up his liability. Of course, his victim's luck will be that he doesn't have insurance.
Congratulations on the date night. Married folks like us don't seem to get enough of those. A steak and some movies would do nicely for me too!
My 3 year old has hearing aids too and they can be a real pain, especially when he fights putting them in. He's good about it mostly tho' Good luck to your Dad for his appt. Hope all goes well.

Take care,
FMD

ETK said...

Awww!!! A Date!!! How sweet! You guys should have taken a picture (or had the waiter/waitress take it) while you were on your date so you could post it. Then it'd be like we were there to but not as un-romantic as that would have been. :)

YAY! LOVE YOU (even when you ignore my phone calls). :)

tt said...

FMD: Exactly!! I can see the photo now. It'll be circulated all over the internet too.
Yep...date nights are few and far between these days. It makes the times we get away that much more special that's for sure. Thanks for the wishes. :)

ETK: Ingore your calls?? Surely you jest..I may not hear them but ignore?...never. :) I never thought about having someone take out pic...that might be fun. ha