Thursday, March 20, 2008

Hola....I mean hello .......

Ya know, sometimes when my cell rings I answer "Hola". Well, not anymore! Yesterday, whilst I was in ye old Wal~mart grocery shopping, my phone rings and as usual I answer 'Hola'...well a mans voice said 'Hola' right back. ( I saw a number I didn't recognise but ETK calls me from different numbers at times so I assumed it was going to be her)... I thought for a couple seconds...that doesn't sound like anyone I know...so I said 'hola' again. Well, a mouth full of Spanish greets me from the other end of that line!!!!!! Well, obviously they had a wrong number so I kept saying 'No habla espaniol' while giggling. Really! I'm walking down an isle in the Wal~mart saying 'no espaniol', 'no espaniol'. I felt so silly it cracked me up. I kept thinking that he was thinking someone was playing a joke on him. :) It only lasted a few seconds and I hung up. Well, a few seconds after that I get a text. Yep, you see whats coming don't ya? I see it's from the same number and yep...it's him! Here's what it said.
" para q me cuelgas qiero ser tu amigo". Uh huh.....seriously. Well I don't know much in Spanish, except how to cuss maybe or be polite....(that's really good tt....cuss or polite? opposites there!) so I'm not exactly sure what he said. I'm thinking it's telling me he boo-boo'd and thought I was his friend or something. Anyone know for sure???
Shopping the Wal~mart can be interesting sometimes. I almost asked a gal, who was obviously Mexican what it meant. But then I thought 'Naw....let's not go there tt. Let's just turn the phone off...mkkkay!'

4 comments:

CheekyMonkey said...

Um, that's funny. It's something "to be your friend". Good times... maybe he wants to be your friend! Ha!

tt said...

Monkey: to be my friend huh? Um, let me think about that for a sec...Nope...not gonna happen. :) He'd have to learn english first!!!

ETK said...

I totally think he wants to be your friend. I mean, who doesn't want to be your friend? huh?

tt said...

etk: silly girl...actually lots of people don't like me...what's up w/ that??