Saturday, May 31, 2008

Late anniversary...;)

April 2, 2007.
That's when I started this Blog. It was supposed to be an outlet for me to vent when I started taking care of my parents. I knew at the time it was going to be unlike anything I'd ever done before. I assumed ( yea, I know what happens when you assume ;)) it would be hard at times and that getting feedback from ETK, Cheekeymonkey, Alli and Sunshine would help me keep some perspective and not loose my mind. And guess what? It's worked.

What I didn't count on was finding other Blogs that would become so important to me. I've grown attached to so many bloggers that I read that I sometimes wonder if my grape has gone a wee bit off center. lol Well, it's always been a little 'left of center' but I just didn't know what was out there waiting for me. It's crazy I tell ya.

It's actually become more of a release for me to read the blogs on my sidebar than to blog myself. That's crazy too.
Or is it?

I've always been a people person and when I first started talking about quitting my job to take care of the parentals, I was afraid I'd loose most my interaction with people. But as you know...that hasn't happened. In fact, I'd say my world has been expanded far more than I ever thought possible.

I love the Internet.
I love my 'blomies'......
I love squishing my grape....

Thank you all!!
( now, go type me something to read! ;))

16 comments:

Brad said...

I'm honored that you'd want to put it on your side bar - thanks love

Brad said...

Take off the word stolen from your side bar - it's not - share it baby

tt said...

Brad- Thanks so much! Hope you won't mind a new stalker :)
I love your spirit.

Dianne said...

I love the quote from your mom - and I just adore you.

you have such a wide open heart and such a free spirit. it just jumps off the screen and your posts come alive.

Happy Late Anniversary.

I'm so glad you and your lovely grape are around.

Acrimony said...

I don't think it's crazy at all! It's just amazing to me how "close" people can become simply over the computer. I've made some of my best friends thanks to the internet!

tt said...

dianne; I have no words. {{squeezers}}Ditto sweetie. And thank you.

Tali:Exactly... :)
you three are a prime example.

Anonymous said...

I'm honored, too. You're pretty damn cool yourself. I wish you were my real mom. ;)

tt said...

ff: thanks sugar! I'm here if you need me.

Jay said...

It's amazing how attached I got to my blog and the blogosphere so quickly too. I like using the word "attached" rather than "addicted." "Addicted" has a negative feel to it.

I'm glad I discovered you. Or you discovered me. Either way, I'm glad it happened! ;-)

meno said...

My daughter rolls her eyes and guffaws whenever i say the word "blomies."

Which makes me say it all the more often.

Happy Anniversary. It's a fun world.

CheekyMonkey said...

Pretty incredible isn't it.. Well I tell ya what.. I won't give you nearly as much shit as I do about posting yourself, I'll keep blogging to entertain, but you've gotta remember, this is a place for you to let it all out! So when you need to squish that grape, don't think twice about "bitching" or "venting" or "whining" because that's pure silliness. Love reading all the different categories of randomness bouncing around in that gray matter of yours! Mwwahhh!

tt said...

Jay: attached sounds better to me too. :) I'm glad we all found each other ** I'm blushing here**

Meno: I LOVE blomies too! obviously...lol...my daughter snickers at it too. Hummmm...and it is a fun world usually...especially when I can get my 'fix' in the blogsphere.

Cheekymonkey: Yea...no more censoring or holding back...I'm done w/ that. :)
Just keep me entertained when I can't post. I've gotta hear all about L ya know. :)

Real Live Lesbian said...

Happy Anniversary (late for me, too)!!!!

It's been a pleasure getting to virtually 'know' you!

Keep writing!

tt said...

rll: ditto my friend :)

Allison Horner said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

ETK said...

I don't even know what blomies means!!!

Happy Blogiversary!

Love and Kisses!