Monday, December 8, 2008

brag time...:)

I just gotta do a wee bit of unashamed boasting.... so if you please.....go by my Sunshine gal's place and have a look at the pics of her and her beautiful partner...affectionately known as Punky. I'm just so proud to have her as my daughter....and Punky is just as sweet and loving as she is. We love them both awful!!!!xoxoxo ( Sunshine is the blond )

AND....just in case some of you have been living in a cave or have just started reading my juicey-juice....go by our OTHER daughters place....right here and you can see a pic of her and her furkids and her adorable hubby. ETK's the name and making people smile is her game!!!xoxoxo

Of course , then there's this sweet girl....Our daughter inlaw to # 2 son, affectionately called Pups. :) those brown eyes could melt the meanest soul....honest!!! There isn't a more gentle soul on the planet! xoxoxo

Another ...... 'daughter-from-another-mother'.. ;)...AND a much younger ME..... is of course the uber fabulous Cheekymonkey up in Chicago. Her smile lights up a room and could melt icebergs.
xoxoxo

Of course you've undoubtedly seen the pic on my side bar of my Squiddly and his Lovely. Our 'son-from-another-mother'....who is currently serving in the US Navy...stationed in Cuba!!!! Lovely and their adorable and energetic boys are in California.....:(......
I miss them ALL terribly!!! xoxoxo

Unfortunately, # 1 son and his wife and urchins......no blog and no pics on my computer....dammit!! they are in the Lone Star state...too far from us. :) We love them and miss them awful!!!!!!!!!!xoxoxo

AND....of course then there's #3 son ....usually called Babyboy...and his gal...no blog either...BUT...I have put pics on here before with the wolves they raise. Huge love to them!!!! Our Oldest-"official"-grandgal is from Babyboy.......she's in North Carolina so unfortunately we don't get to see her much....phone yes......in person...not so much. :(
xoxoxo

Family is so important to Lovee and I. We love deeply. We wish we had more time to devote to all of them, but there never seems to be enough time for everything we want to accomplish.
I know, they all feel our love......we just wish we could 'show' it more.
Oh well............... it is what it is....right?
Something is better than nothing.

The last 2 Mondays, I haven't had to go to the parentals............they're doing quite well lately...(hope I didn't just jinx it)
So, we've spent it up north of us a bit with Lovee's #1 sister and her hubby. (FYI- Lovee is the baby of 5!!)
She is my hero! I couldn't love her anymore if she were my actual biological sister....come to think of it...my other 2 SIL's....same thing!!.....And there is a brother to Lovee....I love him too but can I just say...I got the BEST brother!! ;)
anywhoodle.............#1 SIL....is taking care of her ailing hubby...I've mentioned it before...several times. The challenges she faces head on each and every day....baffle me. I seriously doubt if I would hold up as well if I were in her shoes. I'm not wanting to go into detail about her challenges...lets just say, her Hubby's had many,many strokes and his personality has shifted....a.l.o.t! Dementia is not kind!! Not to mention the physical aspects of caring for a multiple stroke man of 70+ years.
I know we aren't given more than we can handle....I believe this. But...........holycow man.....SFD!! Remember the movie Groundhogs Day?? that's her life.....the same thing day in and day out.
So, Last Monday and then again today, we spent time with her....trying to lighten the mood and give her another adult to talk with. Last week we took her a Turkey Cranberry wreath.... it's food ....not to hang on the door :) and Christmas socks......Today we took her the cookbook for it and a baking stone to cook it on PLUS some homemade Hamburger soup and rolls!!!!and more socks.... She smiled biggly!!

So, next week...........Monkey bread on a snowman platter ( she collects snowmen) and more Christmas socks.

the visits are the important part..........But I like making things to spread the love....
Works for us. .....:)

Happy rest of your week.....................
Hugs to all............
( could you feel it??)

8 comments:

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

What a Sweetie-Sweetie you are! You go through the same thing yourself and slack yourself in credit?

And, then you so speak upliftingly and respectfully of family in a similar circumstance as you. Though, alternate family members.

So glad you are happy and upbeat! Way to go! Way to help! Way to love!

You are so awesomely positive!

Though, I'm getting lost in the family story line now. I might need a picture drawn with the tt family tree -- and dots connecting the leaves and branches?

LOL!

Happy Monday!

Anonymous said...

You have a lot of family!!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

oh my goodness, and hugs to you too TT, wish I could come over and say hello!

CheekyMonkey said...

I can totally feel it.

Monkey bread? Mmmmm... sounds delish!

You're so awesome. So so much love... You really are somethin special, miss TT.

Allison Horner said...

You are too sweet!!

Much love back at you & Lovee!!

ETK said...

I totally felt the hug. Totally.

You are just about the best person ever. Seriously, not just sweetest, big hearted, nice, etc. but the BEST PERSON. EVER.

Well, now that I've said that, I do realize there is someone that might have you in heated competition for that title - Lovee! :)

Love and hugs to you. Hope to see you soon, it's already been too long!

Anonymous said...

OK.. You are just flat out GOOD PEEPS... I'm proud to call you my friend.... very proud...

Gin said...

You have such a good looking family!! And they all look nice too...LOL!!