Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Aha......

Finally! I had one of those Aha moments.
I was talking to Lovee last night, telling him about the days events at the parents house. It was mainly the usual stuff...blah,blah,blah, with the exception of some interesting thoughts from Dad's PC Doctor. I'll get to that later.
Anyway, While I was telling Lovee about some stupid crap Mom was doing...I had my Aha moment . I literally had that bright eyed,mouth open moment when it hit me. Crazy!
Here's the deal. She has to 'best' me. Yep. So simple actually. I can't believe I hadn't thought of it before. I was telling Lovee that when I was younger, I never did anything to "suit" her. We seldom had to do dishes because we didn't do them to 'suit' her. My room was never clean enough to 'suit' her. My hair,clothes,school work, feelings.....never 'suited' her. She always found fault with something. It may have been a minute problem, but she would find fault with something. So, my 'aha' moment is..........she's still has to do something or rather everything 'better' than me!! She has to be right and me wrong. She has to have the last word whether or not she's correct doesn't matter. IF I point out that she's wrong.....I get the 'look' and silence follows. Which made me think I should do that more often just to shut her up...... :) but she doesn't work that way really. Believe me, the 'look' makes me instantly tired. Hate it. I go straight to 12 again.....
It doesn't matter that I've been married for 34 years or that I've raised my family too.... or that I've been taking care of 'my' house for that long too....or that I've cooked for a long time too......what matters is that SHE will always know more. Period.
So, now that I'm on to her...it's possible my tactics may change a bit during conversations. Or it may be that I will 'best' her by not telling her what I know and keep the fact that I'm on to her to myself. The best part i, I feel better now that I've figured it out. I feel sorry for her in a way. How sad it must be to bee that way. I LOVE it whenever my 'kids' do something or say something I didn't know about or do it a better way. How marvelous is it to have 'all' our kids become smarter than and knowing more than me!! Fabulous I say. Impart some of that knowledge on to me..... please... :)
So, essentially, I have 'bested' her just by realizing this....when she doesn't.
I win !!! Yay.......
On to Daddy. He's got, Uh, I forget the technical name but it's what I call residual nerve pain from his Shingles. The real name means nerve pain from shingles. ( Alli, you probablyknow the real name.) So, he got some meds for that. But, we have to play the waiting game for 2 weeks about his eyes. The Dr. is comcerned about the pain and light sinsitivity in his eyes. The shingles themselves are gone...but he can hardly see now. Scarey.
Anyway........................I'm fabulous today.
It's a great morning.........woo hoo!
xo

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And let's not forget how she actually ran her fingers along the top of our drapes to check how well we had cleaned. We were young teenagers who didn't know there WAS dust on the top of drapes...
oh sisterwoman she is such a book waiting to be written.

BTW, speaking of great stories, I found The Lasts Days of Summer for 2.99 at Borders!!!!! New edition is coming out; big deal, it's the same story. Bought all 8 copies.

One last morsel: Wondering how to get more out of your day? Get up an hour earlier! I got up a 4 this a.m. I got SOOOO much done in the ass crack of dawn. I'm doing it again tomorrow! pitiful...

tt said...

Now you're already sounding like the BSS you're gonna be next summer...!! :)Gotta get cracking....get your stuff done...
I figured this out last May. I get up at 5 to get stuff done before I have to go to work at 9..it's always a race isn't it.
;)
xo

Tweb said...

Sounds familiar.. cept with my momz. it's more like she's done everything that I have or she's gone through everything that I have... "Oh, I've done that before." "Yeah, I know how that feels." "Yep, I did that too."

Grrr...

Sunshine said...

That's Grandma alright! Hehe... it's kinda nice when you one-up the grandma!!!

:)

Allison Horner said...

I am glad that you can take a more positive spin on things & appreciate that it is ok for others (especially your kiddos) to sometimes do something in a different way. Once again, I am amazed with your strength of what you have had & do put up with. You are SUPER TT!!! dah-de-de-dah

Sounds like your Dad has postherpatic neuralgia. Does that sound correct?

tt said...

Alli:
Yep...that's him. It's also still effecting his eye. :(