Saturday, December 15, 2007

God is punishing us....

That's what the Mom said while our power was out. Shit woman!! 'Go to your room' is what I wanted to say but she's being too snappy to listen these days. I think it's called being a 'self-absorbed-neurotic-b**ch'( That's Sunshine's phrase and I'm stealing it...& she's right)....or something close to that. Sorry, that was a bit harsh. True but harsh. Little 'miss Maryfuckingsunshine' here pointed out that He's not mad, it's just a test to see if we can rise to the challenge or if we're just gonna whine about it. She eventually agreed with me...and then, of course, it became her idea.

Yesterday was a hard day for her. First off we got really bad news that a very good friend of ours had died. She was a fabulously, fun lady full of 'spit and vinegar' as they say and I adored her! She was 71. I'm gonna miss her. Then later on in the day when I took her to get her hair done her Beautician told her she was retiring. I congratulated her and I'm genuinely happy for her....but she was dreading the idea of telling the 'Mom'. I backed away when she suggested I be the barer of bad news. No way chickadee..........I said as I giggled out loud....YOU tell her.
Mom later said she'd had all the bad news she could tolerate for the day. She felt bad the rest of the day, barely moving from her love seat, except when I needed to be told how to do something.

It's MY turn to go get my hairs snipped.......I'm off.....
Oh, and btw..........now it's......................snowing!!!!!!!!! guess how happy the Mom is now?

4 comments:

Sunshine said...

Yay! Glad you have internet again Ma. I missed reading your stories. Although... it has been nice hearing these stories in person these past few days :)

ETK said...

Me too - I couldn't stand it without you!!! PICTURES!!!! :)

Allison Horner said...

Glad you all are recovering from the power loss & the full days the 'rents. Sounds like you had your hands (and mind) full!

:)

Tweb said...

Eh, she'll get over it. :) The snow, that is...

I love me some snow and I love the fact that YOU'RE BACK!!! WOOHOO!!