Sunday, August 5, 2007

Bit's and Pieces of a book......

" I think she's frustrated with me because I could have gone to university"

" When her hands reached out and poured the tea, it was as if she also poured something into me while I sat there sweating in my cab. It was like she held a string and pulled on it just slightly to open me up. She got in, put a piece of herself inside me, and left again."

" The flyscreen door is torn at the edges."

" Her fingertips are made of love, When she speaks, her voice is made of love."

" It feels like the mornings clap their hands. To make me wake."

" I don't care that I'm a messenger anymore. The guilt of it handles me. I shrug it off, but it always climbs back on."

" I'm treading water in my thoughts."

" My words land on my feet and slip off to the grass."

"The sky is nervous. Black and Blue."

" I stand in long grass and hear the river now for the first time. It sounds like it's drinking. When I look toward it, I see the stars in it. They look like they're painted to the surface of the water."

" Sometimes people are beautiful. Not in looks. Not in what they say. Just in what they are."

" I didn't know words could be so heavy."


These are excerpts from the last book I read. It's called I AM THE MESSENGER. It's by an Australian author named Markus Zusak.
I've never read a book such as this. He's very descriptive of places and feelings. I actually hi-lighted several things while I was reading because ...because I've never read anything so descriptive before.

Here's a synopsis.

Ed Kennedy is an underage cabdriver without much of a future. He's pathetic at playing cards, hopelessly in love with his best friend, Audrey, and utterly devoted to his coffee-drinking dog, the Doorman. His life is one of peaceful routine and incompetence until he inadvertently stops a bank robbery.
That's when the first ace arrives in the mail.
That's when Ed becomes the messenger.
Chosen to care, he makes his way through town helping and hurting ( when necessary) until only one question remains: Who's behind Ed's mission?

Sisterlittle is in the process of getting her Masters and had to read this book. I'm glad she bought me a copy.
Maybe you would like it too.
:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent book review, sisterwoman. GREAT sniglets!
So glad you enjoyed it.
A+++
Coming soon...The Last Days of Summer!

tt said...

I can't wait!