Thursday, August 7, 2008

Projects!!!!

Lovee and I have soooo many projects to do.
Monday we started ripping up the horrid vinyl in our laundry room ....I need to get a pic of that....so we can put down tile!!!! Yay!!! We bought the most beautiful mocha tile for the kitchen and laundry rooms. I can't wait to get started.
Plus we've got to put up some guttering on the North side of the house where my new flower bed is...the rain will come down right on top of my new plnts!~!! :( ( when we ever get rain that is!!)
Plus...we've got the back stone patio to lay, next to the deck Lovee built summers ago by the pool...I really need to post some pics!.....and another stone patio out front....and one leading off the porch to the pool pump....
Projects never end. How fun though. I love DIY things.
Of course the Mom thinks we should have the tile done by professionals....I said no...we can do it...we'll take a class and start in the laundry room where no one goes but us....and by the time that's done we'll know what we're doing. lol She's not convinced of that. Who the fuck cares??? lol

Then we've got to put some V-grooved knotty pine panels in the birdhouse room to look like the cabin we stayed in up in W. Virginia. That's going to be really cool i think. Lovee's got to get the router bit to cut the panels...it'll be cheaper to cut them ourselves; by hundreds of $$$$.

I'm afraid my blog may suffer....hope not. Projects come first though...at least for a while....

later blomies :)

13 comments:

Jen said...

And when you're done over there, do you want to come help over here?

Have fun!

tt said...

Jen: you bet!!! Of course you can come up here and help us first if you want...lol

Brad said...

I would much rather do it DYI than write that fat check to a contractor. If things don't come 100% perfect it's normally only your eye that see's the flaw and no one else. Post us pics when your done!

Dianne said...

It's so cool that you and Lovee do all these projects together!

Sounds like so much good stuff going on at casa LoveeTT.

tt said...

Brad: exactly! That's what we told the Mom but she just can't understand it...Oh, well...it's not her house! ha!

dianne: What's amazing is that we do these things and are still married!! lol And I love casa LoveeTT...again, you're sooo clever. ;)
I'm totally keeping you forever and ever!!!

Jay said...

I live in an apartment so no DIY for me. But, I watch all those home improvement shows all the time. So, if I ever do buy a house I'll be ready to do all that cool stuff. haha ;-)

tt said...

jay: I'd bet you'd be good at this stuff! Of course you'd need to wear your 'helmet'...:)

Fortune Cookies said...

Tile is a heafty project to tackle, but I'm sure you'll do it beautifully! Once you get done, feel free to come on over and brush up on your skills at my house ;)

I love DIY, but the Wifester runs faster than Forest Gump from Home Improvement Projects, claiming something about allergies to hammers LOL

tt said...

fc: you crack me up! IF or rather i should say 'when' we finish, I'm sure it will be great....which means I'll probably become a manic and want to tile everything in sight...or not. One of us will have to show some restraint. lol

gary rith said...

TT--thanks for what you said about my teapot at Fortune Cookies! Now I shall have a look around here....

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're going to be busy! I love home improvement projects though. Such fun when it's done. :)

tt said...

gary: You're welcome!! I love pottery so I'll be back soon.

FF: You're right...the best part will be when it's done!! lol

Diane J Standiford said...

Projects MUST come first. Life. (Remember:Bend at the knees)