Sunday, January 11, 2009

A new beginning

Well.........it's done. The Funeral went very smooth and nice. My SIL was and still is in amazingly good spirits. Her sweetie is no longer suffering. No more constant pain. She said he's whole now; mentally and physically and is in a better place. It was hard though. They celebrated or rather had their 50th wedding anniversary October 31 of last year. There wasn't a celebration b/c SIL said it's supposed to be a 'happy time' and the happy times had all been used up. 50 years though. Wow........how awesome is that! They married when she was only 15. Can you imagine? And I thought I was young at 19! :) She has taken care of him for 14 years....litterally done everything for him for 14 years....out of pure love. Geeze-o-pete.....she's one strong cookie. I can only hope that after spending 35 years in this family of Lovee's, that I have gleened some of her tenacity and strength...and that if called...I could do the same.

She's already looking forward to all of the upcoming life changes. She can get back into her church activities. She can come and go whenever she want. She can travel and see things she's always wanted to...visit her sisters who live in other states....she can get back to the process of living her life.
She's truely my Hero. To give so selflessly of herself....honoring her vows as she would often say...she's an inspriation to us all. She's grateful for the 50 years they had together...good ones and bad ones...but she's ready to get back to life and all it has to offer. She's not a 'dweller', so she won't be looking back with any regrets or coulda,shoulda,woulda's....
The smile in her heart will show on her face for all to see.

12 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

oh goodness, 50 years!!!!
Thanks for sharing TT!

tt said...

Gary: have I told you lately that I heart you and your wee little cupcake? I do!! :)

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Wow. How wonderful for her to be able to see it all in this light and move on with such understanding and acceptance.

Dez said...

Your SIL sounds like an amazing woman. Glad she is alright. I hope you are doing well also.

Gin said...

Been there myself and it's not easy. But you do what you have to do. God bless her for doing it and for having the strength to move on now. She's a special woman for sure!!

Jay said...

50 years. Wow! That is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Fifty years is impressive on its own -- making it to that point with so many years of loving through sickness is a testimony to faithfulness.

Your SIL may have moments when she feels guilty for feeling her new freedom. Please remember to love her through those times. I hope she can feel her husband's happiness that she is now exploring life outside his health concerns.

CheekyMonkey said...

There's no doubt in my mind that you are the same way... and yes, I'd feel the same about you, hero-like, should you be called.

Mwaah, tough cookie. I luv ya!
Tlee2

meno said...

That's a real love story, not a fake hollywood one.

Real Live Lesbian said...

Keep those sunny-side-up glasses on! I'm so glad your SIL is seeing the positives.

AND I"M SOOO GLAD YOU'RE BACK! ;)

Brad said...

She sounds like someone I'd like to know - Give her a hug for me, you know my motto.

Love ya!

The Queen said...

Hey TT.. give your SIL and big ole SHINY from NEBRAKSA!

and hugs to you!