Friday, October 12, 2007

I finally found out why the Mom keeps reminding me to do stuff and why she keeps asking me if I've done a particular task. Geez-o-pete....I did it to myself for cripe's sake!!! I once told her about how I strongly suspect that I have and have had ADD forever. I told her how my day would go at times and how I get 'distracted' from doing things. WELL..........being the conscientious Mom that she is, she feels it's justified and actually her DUTY to help me remember things. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. As if that makes it better.....NOT! ( I'm reverting back to the 80"s here ...sorry)
Yesterday, I fixed them Hotdogs for dinner. (Ummmm, ETK's favorite!!) Well, I think it tastes better if the buns are toasted so I buttered them and put them under the broiler. Mom comes in and says " both knobs have to be on broil"..."Yes", I say," I know...I did that". "Well, you forgot one time so I'm reminding you." I didn't reply to that...I took a deep breath! So a few seconds pass and she says " Did you butter them first?" Man, you shoulda seen me whip around, put my hands on my hips and duck down to eye level with her and say" No, i just threw them in there plain, I ALWAYS put them in there w/o butter.................(snidely...I go on to say with a bit of a chuckle)...of course they have butter on them Mom." " Well, I was just checking because you get distracted sometimes." OH SHIT!!! I'm the one who's created this monster.....!! So I had to explain the difference in getting distracted and forgetting things.

I think being snide made me feel better for some reason.
I think I'll keep doing that.

wahaaahaaaahaaaa she says evilishly..........:)

3 comments:

Tweb said...

Ha, you've created a monster!! No un-doing that now!!

Allison Horner said...

Yep, I think you created a monster....

But seriously, remind her about your feelings about that.

Anonymous said...

You didn't create the monster. I know...
You may have let her out of her cage, however.
I do think yoy need to continue "talking back." She never allowed that when we were younger. Go for it now, sister!