Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Day 2

Well, day 2 was also mostly uneventful. Hummmmmmmm, I know it's only been 2 days now but it's almost like I'm waiting for the bomb to drop. Silly me, I'm not sure what I expected...fact, I had absolutely NO idea what to expect but the last 2 days were NOT what I expected. Things are running so smooth and natural like. I've learned Dad's insulin gun and can check his sugar levels. I even checked mine today just to see what it was like to get the finger poked. Ouch...kinda like a paper cut only the sting goes away faster and it healed up real quick. Dad's reading was 157. Mine was 99. Mom said I was a bit low. Hum...well- ------------------IT IS WHAT IT IS! :) Don't know, don't care...yet.
Mom said, as she was taking one of her wee naps on the love seat," I feel like a lady of leisure!".
I told her that was part of the plan. :) Today I......
shopped
ironed
filled the pill boxes
learned the insulin gun-thingie
tested sugar
read my book
watched the storms again...love that too! It really is relaxing.
made meatloaf for their dinner
left by 5:45.
The thing that's so weird is that I am actually doing less than I did at work, but my day is going by faster. That's a puzzler for the grape to ponder. Am I possibly happier now that I know they are being cared for? Am I possibly less stressed having that knowledge. Maybe it's just that I'm not in a high stress position anymore and am able to relax more myself. Maybe it's all of the above.
My sisterlittle said to look at this as being in my second month. :) And if accuracy is important then I am...sorta...Monday was technically April and today is May. Makes me feel like a pro at this . She's so cute!
Looks like this adventure may be very quiet for a time..at least for a while.

4 comments:

Sunshine said...

Yeah!!! I'm glad it's going well so far. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I wanted to call and check up on you, but didn't know if you had your cell... and I didn't want to call the g-parents line... don't want them to think that the only reason I would call their phone is to talk to you - ya know. Kinda sticky. So... if you have your cell on tomorrow I will call :) Maybe I can even schedule a time to come by during the day... maybe do lunch with you all :) Would that be ok? Anyway - just know I'm thinking on ya. XOXO

tt said...

I have me cell on all the time. Come by anytime, they'd love to see you. So would I! :)

Allison Horner said...

glad it is going well for you!

ps. your finger stick blood glucose level of 99 is good. :)

tt said...

Yay! I'm good. That's a relief!