Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Gonna be sly......

So, yesterday I had the whole day off! That's 2 Mondays in a row. It's the little things with me. :)
So, Lovee and I decided to go to a movie. I wanted to see Mad Money for the laughs. I'm a big fan of laughter ya know...keep the spirits up releases endorphins and stuff....
Anyway, we decide to go to a matinee in a little town close to us. I also decided that since it's so expensive to buy the popcorn and soda's there that I'd pull a fast one and take our own. I've got a big purse that will hold at least 2 bags of microwave popcorn and a couple cans of soda. Lovee looked at me like I was nuts or something. "What?" I said. " Are you afraid the popcorn police will show up and confiscate our goodies?" He just shook his head and snickered and mumbled something about " go ahead...we'll see."
So, I pop the corn and get our drinks all situated in the purse ( which,btw, Sisterlittle calls it the P.P. for perfect purse...that's another story...she bought it for me one Christmas) and off we go. Lovee snickers every now and then whenever he gets a glimpse of the purse-stash. I'm thinking, what's the big deal? You can't tell what's in there. No one is going to ask to check my purse. They never have before. I'm all excited just thinking about pulling a caper; glad to be going to the movie but the caper we're gonna pull off giggles me.
So, we get to the movie house and guess what? It's CLOSED!!!!! HUH!!!!!!! Yep, no lights on anywhere. WTF-over? Lovee said, through his snickers, that he guessed there aren't any matinees during the week....we didn't think that through I guess. Shit......no caper! No slyness! No trying to pull a fast one. I think he was relieved a bit. I laughed so hard at the ridiculousness of it. So we went to the video store and rented a couple movies. I mean, we had all the other stuff, might as well watch something. So, we rented 2 we haven't seen. One was Good Luck Chuck which was stupid-silly-funny just for laughs and the other was Oceans 13. We didn't make it through Oceans 13. We'll have to finish that tonight.
I was soooo close too. I'm still going to try it someday. Anyone ever done that before? Was I wrong?? I think Lovee kind of thinks so. He's a really by-the-book kinda guy. He would have been mortified if someone found us out!
It giggled me tho.........

5 comments:

ETK said...

Never tried that, but CLM and I once spent 6-8 hours in a theater sneaking from movie to movie.

Um - isn't that THREE Mondays in a row?? :)

tt said...

ETK-yep..........you're right! How cool is that! They're trying to schedule Dr. appts on other days now. YAY!!!
I wanna do what you and CLM did!! Lovee will NEVER go for that tho! :)

Allison Horner said...

My Dad snuck in some candy one time when we were little. :)

That's funny, ETK! I was a bad little teenager! When Silence of the Lambs came out, we were too young to see it so we bought tickets for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and then snuck into Silence of the Lambs. :)

I'd sneak food in again. They charge way too much!

tt said...

Alli- your Dad is cool! Glad someone agrees w/ me :)

Anonymous said...

I sneak everything in. But I'm a rebel. LOL