Friday, January 11, 2008

who is this woman???

Every now and then, I get a glimpse to a different side of my Mom. It's rare for me to see her in a type of selfless expression. Just a couple of years ago, she had nothing nice to say about Dad. She was constantly talking about how mean he talked to her and how badly he treated her. When I would say, I've never seen that side of him, she'd say he didn't do it whenever anyone was around. Hummmm, odd behavior from a guy who was always the least talkative person in the room. Unless, of course, they were at a party, where he would be the most jovial person around.

He has/had the best sense of humor out of the two of them. Normally, he would just be his quiet,engineer self. But I digress.......

Now a days, whenever I ask what kind of desert she wants she'll say" whatever Daddy wants"....or what to have for dinner," let's see what your father would like". Curious. She's all about him. She worries most about him now, instead of her. Very odd. Don't get me wrong, I like seeing this side of her. She's much more pleasant to be around. It's just that, I guess, I'm suspect of it. Isn't that awful? Perhaps when one gets to what they perseive as the end of their days, they can have an 'Aha' moment that's genuine?

I don't know. I'm not a seer. Actually I'm a dreamer....I've always dreamed of the unobtainable. World peace, parents who outwardly show genuine affection towards one another, dogs who pee outside, lots of zero's on the ends of my bank balance...you know, the normal stuff. :)

If it's a dream I'm having, about my Mom's newly acquired niceness, then I choose to stay asleep. Do not Disturb!!!!!

2 comments:

R.E.H. said...

I got dreams too... especially the one with all the zero's on the bank account.

Sadly - I only have the one big zero there...

Allison Horner said...

I hope her niceness continues...