Thursday, July 5, 2007

So many rules....and more vents ;)

I get confused at times when I'm at the parents. Their are so many rules to go by. Well, not rules maybe but ........let's call it 'their way' stuff. For example: always use the far right lane when driving, unless you're going to turn left.....um....but that's only on 51st St btwn Sheridan and Memorial. ~~~~~~You have to go out the neighborhood the 'back way' because the quick way takes too long and is too scarey.~~~~~You must go to 3 different grocery stores to get what you want....on different days.....example" Don't you need milk?' " Yes, but not from this store and we'll get that tomorrow at xyz store." Ohhhhhhhh.......k. ~~~~~~~ You must take as many backroads through neighborhoods as possible. Yes, it takes longer but it's not as crowded. "Of course YOU can go anyway you want but WE go this way".(which loosely translated means 'do it my way')~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have all day to do my 'wet' cleaning and 'dry' cleaning but it's 'best' do do it as soon as I get there.....why?....because that way we'll have the rest of the day to do 'other' stuff. What other stuff? NOTHING!!! that part drives me a wee bit crazy.
And then there's always the " Can you see to drive?"....'uh, yes....that's the reason I'm driving' "well I sure can't"........that's a daily topic( has nothing to do w/ rules but it's a daily thing)
I'm going to do this how long????????????????????????
Bless their hearts, I really am glad I'm doing this. Honestly. But I go from 12 years old to 50 years old all day long! Thank gawd for the front porch! That's my 'resting' place.
Gotta go paint and spackle now.
Ya'll have a wondermus day!

2 comments:

Allison Horner said...

You have the patience of a saint! ;)

Tweb said...

Our parents must be related. Cept my momz doesn't insist on doing it her way, she just lays the guilt trip down if you DON'T do it her way. :) She's lucky she's so dang cute.